Blur FMLaunch project
Blur FM is the result of several years of experimentation in audio streaming technologies. In 2009, taking my last exams at University, I decided to create Argensonix Net Radio. A few months later I could give more shape to the idea and launched Radio deUNA!, an interactive online radio that broadcast music with on-demand song requests.
With the need to give seriousness to the project, and due to the limitations of making payments to the record entities, one day I came up with the idea to reinvent Radio deUNA! in what it is now Blur FM: an online radio devoted entirely to independent music.
Blur FM is today a place aimed for those looking to discover new sounds. It's my playground to experiment. Experimentation, along with practice, really helps me figure out new techniques in design, front-end development, streaming technologies, among others.
Some of the achievements that I made thanks to Blur FM are:
- Audio playback on the web since the early days using Flash Player and nowadays using open source technologies.
- Design of promotional material for Facebook, Twitter and emails.
- Server configuration and software set up for streaming remotely through a 3G network.
- Mobile development. Download the app on Google Play.
- AWS basics, DNS management and server maintenance.